Alejanda Bueno joined the firm after working as Director for International Business and South Texas Representative for Texas Governor Rick Perry from 2007 to 2013. During her tenure with the State of Texas se advised several foreign and domestic companies and investors during their process to invest, locate and expand their businesses in Texas. She was involved in a number of organizations and domestic and international projects related to the energy industry. Alejandra has been appointed Chair of the Energy Committee for the Asociación de Empresarios Mexicanos (AEM) and she serves also as a member at the Bi National Committee of the Eagle and Ford Shale Consortium.
Ms. Bueno received her Law Degree in 1993 from the Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City. In 1999, she concluded a Master’s Degree in international Law at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM). She obtained an LL.M. from the University of Texas School of Law in Austin in 2004. In September 2013 Ms. Bueno received her New York law license, and she is currently a member of the New York Bar. Ms. Bueno’s prior professional experience includes positions in the Office of Mexico’s President, the National Council for Science and Technology, and the Council for Culture and Fine Arts.
Mexico (1993), New York (2013)
- Law Degree, Mexico, 1993
- Master’s Degree in International Law, UNAM, Mexico, 2000
- LL.M., Unversity of Texas at Austin School of Law, Texas, 2004
- New York State Bar Association
- U.S. - Mexico Bar Association
- Chair of Energy Binational Committee at Asociación de Empresarios Mexicanos
- Board Member, San Antonio – Mexico Friendship Council (SAMFCO)
- Texas Economic Development Council
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Leadership San Antonio, Class XXXV
- Asociacion Mexicana de Derecho Energético, AMDE
- Womens Energy Network