Office:(+52) (81) 8363 9099
Jorge Raúl Ojeda Santana is a partner at CCN, where he has worked as an attorney since 1998. Since 2003 he has been the partner in charge of CCN’s office in Monterrey. His practice is principally concentrated in the real estate sector, representing commercial and industrial real estate developers throughout Mexico, as well as business transactions in general involving commercial and industrial clients, as well as experience in international banking and financial transactions. Mr. Ojeda has represented clients in a broad range of complex projects including, among others, the negotiation of a financing of over $500 million in which the firm represented the borrower; the acquisition of land previously subject to communal (ejido) property, which was in excess of $100 million. He led a firm client’s acquisition of a shopping center with a purchase price of over $80 million, as well as the acquisition of land for construction of an industrial plant with a value of more than $185 million. He is an independent member of the board of directors of a well known insurance company. Before joining the firm, Mr. Ojeda worked for Grupo Finaciero del Sureste, and in a number of litigation firms in Mexico City, where he also served a clerkship at Nacional Financiera, S.N.C. (NAFIN), the largest development bank in Mexico. Jorge Ojeda was a Law Professor in Commercial Contracts and Credit Operations at the Universidad de Monterrey, School of Law, from 2007 – 2012. In 2014 he was a Law professor in Real Estate Law course in the Private Law L.L.M. program at the Graduates School of Law and Public Administration (EGAP), from the Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM). Professor in International Public Law at the Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM) School of Law (2016 – to date).
- Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresas IPADE, (Programa de Alta Dirección de Empresas AD-2, 2009)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain (Masters of Laws, 2002)
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, (Program of Instruction for Lawyers Diploma, 1999)
- Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City, Mexico (J.D., 1995)
- Mexican Bar Association (Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados, A.C.). Member of the National Board of Directors (2017 – to date).
- Mexican Bar Association (Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados, A.C.), Nuevo Leon Chapter: President of the Board 2014 – 2016). Coordinator of the Professional Ethics Committee, Nuevo Leon Chapter (2016 – 2017).
- American Chamber of Commerce Mexico, Chapter Nuevo Leon (Cámara de Comercio Americana)
- “Cátedra Eduardo A. Elizondo” del Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Council Member from 2006 - 2010).
- US – Mexico Bar Association (2014).